Thursday 30 April 2009

Gomen na sai

I’m sorry for my lack of articles lately. Quite simply I’ve had very limited time to write, as naturally, I prioritize karate training over merely writing about it. However, Japan’s annual ‘Golden Week’ (in my case) begins this Saturday, so finally I’ll have some free time…
________

I'm happy to admit that April has been a very hard month of training for me, and has revealed many points I seriously need to work on. This illustrates a special aspect of karate-do... "It's impossible to have an big ego if one trains seriously". The name Meikyo perfectly 'reflects' this in regards to self-honesty.
________

I'd like to conclude by saying "The beauty of karate-do is seeking perfection. This humanly unattainable goal means karatedo is a lifelong pursuit. If this pursuit is continued with seriousness, it can only result in the development of positive human attributes." Karate-Do certainly travels upstream, in comparison to the 'instant coffee world' we now live in. Whilst I can never be proud of my karate technique, I can at least be proud of following this 'way'.
_________
Osu, André
_________

© André Bertel, Japan 2009

No comments: