Saturday 19 June 2010

The 3rd Anniversary of Andre Bertel's Karate-Do

Three years ago today I started this karate training blog and published my first post. Since that time I've been honored to have well over 660,000 visitors, and literally thousands of emails from around the world. I thought for this third anniversary of my blog, that I would share one from last week with you.
________

"Dear Andre Sensei, the written content on your blog has been very useful for our training. Your blog is not only talk, as it is backed by the combination of photographs and video footage. It is the very best karate website on the Internet and your skill level truly reflects your in depth training under Shihan Asai. We hope that you continue to produce articles."
________

Such comments I receive every day, and I sincerely appreciate them. I'd like to thank everyone who has visited my dojo here in Oita-ken over the last three years, contacted me via email and other means, attended my classes or seminars (here in Japan, New Zealand, or in other countries, such as Germany and Italy, where I taught earlier this year), and also to those who have supported me over the last three decades of Shotokan karate training, in particular my long time students and colleagues in Christchurch City New Zealand, seniors, family and friends. Domo arigato gozaimashita!
_______

Best wishes from Oita City, Japan.
_______

© André Bertel, Japan (2010).

No comments: