Saturday 7 April 2012

Christchurch Seido Karate

On Thursday night I enjoyed participating in one of Hanshi Renzie Hanham’s black belt classes (at the Seido Shibu on Barbadoes Street, in the Christchurch CBD). It was super to catch up with the Kyoshi Ellen Hampson and Sensei Tony Cope both of whom I haven’t seen in 20 years! Also, I was honoured to meet many other senior club instructors and fellow karateka. Many thanks to Kyoshi Harry for the ride and the beverages after class.


I can truly say that the karateka at Christchurch Seido exemplify the precept: “Karate-Do wa rei ni hajimari, rei ni owaru koto wo wasuruna” (Karate-Do begins and ends with courtesy).
Overall, I would like to thank everyone at Seido for their kind hospitality. Domo arigato gozaimashita. Osu!


PS – Sadly I have no photos from the training... But better still, here is link to an interview with Hanshi Renzie earlier this year: http://andrebertel.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/interview-hanshi-renzie-hanham-8th-dan.html



© André Bertel. Christchurch, New Zealand (2012).

No comments: