Saturday 11 August 2018

Kita Kyushu Training

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting the Kita-Kyushu dojo of my friend, and karate senior, Konishi Yasuko Sensei



 Konishi Sensei is a world-class karate technician, furthermore, a really wonderful person—whom I like and respect very much.

For the children’s training she kindly allowed me to teach whatever I wanted. So, I focused on shisei (posture) using tai no shinshuku (compression and expansion) and tenshin (rotation).

For the adults training she asked me to teach Jiyu-Kumite. I primarily focused on 'oi-komi gyaku-zuki'. In particular, we covered maai (meeting distance) and 'the mix of body power and snap'. We also briefly touched on ashi-barai as a follow-up from ren-zuki.


Overall, I would like to thank Konishi Sensei and her students for their very kind hospitality. It was a great honor and a lot of fun times. Until next time!!! ありがとうございました先生!!

To contact Konishi Sensei here is her Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/karatedoujyou.hisyokan/. Needless to say, I highly recommend her Karate-Do.

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2018).

No comments: