Wednesday 22 April 2020

My Self-Training Today


GREETINGS FROM OITA CITY, JAPAN. I hope you and your family are well. Here is an outline (and photos) of/from my training earlier today. A big OSU to all my students around Japan and around the world.


基本 (KIHON):  My self-practice today was a combination with choku-zuki switching from shinzentai to hiza-uke (balanced on one leg); sonoba mae-geri keage (heisoku-dachi); chudan teisho-uke/uchi (zenkutsu-dachi) – ref. Joko Nisei Kata.



(KATA): Today aspects of Kanku Sho and Ransetsu (Rantai) were my focus.



組手 (KUMITE): Due to the current pandemic, I did solo practice of Idori from seiza. This killed me... HARD WORK... But enjoying that it's over! So often karate is like that isn't it! Tough at the time, but when over you feel really great.



The notion that ‘a picture speaks a thousand words’ is very true. So rather than go into written details, of my self-training today, so here are some more images. POWER ON!!!!!!!!!


Positive energy and best wishes. 押忍!!





© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2020).

No comments: