Sunday 21 April 2024

限界まで!

限界まで!  (GENKAI MADE)

I don’t mean this term negatively or crazily, but in the context of CHALLENGING ONESELF. It means "TO THE LIMIT".

 

Today in my self-training I pushed myself to the limit.

 

This is not always possible to stay in good health, but occasionally, and obviously, very productive. This year I'm 48 years old, so I'm still very young, but I'm seeking the karate of Asai Sensei when he was 71, just before he passed away. I'm nowhere near his level.


Saying "GENKI MADE", doesn't mean being stupid. We must not hurt ourselves. It is all about balance for each individual person. 


The best karate, irrespective of health and injury is in one's 50s, 60s and 70s. Asai Sensei proved that to me. This is the karate I'm personally seeking and teaching.


押忍!  アンドレ

 

                 © André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2024).

No comments: