Friday 11 June 2021

"TO MOVE NICELY IS NOT KARATE, TO MOVE WELL AGAINST A DANGEROUS OPPONENT IS, AND VALIDATES ONE'S NICE MOVE(MENT)." - Asai Tetsuhiko.

 

I first came to Japan to study karate 'at the source' 28 years ago. Since then, I have trained daily here  for close to 15 years, thus, more than half of this total time. Next week this blog reaches its 14th Anniversary.


This year in August I reach the mark of 40 years practice. However, the years are less important than quality training and hours each day. Moreover, literally having the best mentors in the world technically guiding my karate path. I never met nor trained under  Nakayama Sensei, yet I feel I have through so much time with his best students here.

Living here in Japan, training and learning has been imperative in this process: as both a technician and as a teacher of karate.


"TO MOVE NICELY IS NOT KARATE, TO MOVE WELL AGAINST A DANGEROUS OPPONENT IS, AND VALIDATES ONE'S NICE MOVE(MENT)." - Asai Tetsuhiko.


All karateka who have studied intensively here in Japan FULLY UNDERSTAND Asai Sensei's aforementioned statement.


押忍!

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2021).


No comments: