Wednesday 4 August 2021

Combining hard training with enjoyable practice

 I thought I’d detail my self-training today as it was particularly hard and also rewarding to complete; furthermore, it was fun as I covered 12 different kata: the five Junro and ‘Seven core’ Shotokan Kata. My idea in posting this was to show you a method that I sometimes use to TRAIN HARD whilst still making the session ENJOYABLE; hence, 'motivating' and less difficult to get through (what I term as "the combination of 'diversity of practice' and the reward of 'survival'"). I want to emphasize, that this 'style of practice' is something that I rarely do, as it is too broad. Still, from time to time it has its place! I hope that makes sense. OK, so here we go...

 

Warm-up: SLOW MOTION JUNRO KATA.

 

基本 (KIHON)

Theme: FULL TECHNIQUE, SOFTNESS FOR SNAP and USING (AND MOVING) THE CENTER.

 

(1)           順突き (jun-zuki).

 

(2)           三連突き(sanren-zuki).

 

(3)           上段上げ受け (jodan age-uke).

 

(4)           上段上げ受から中段逆突き (jodan age-uke kara chudan gyaku-zuki).

 

(5)           上段上げ受から中段順突き (jodan age-uke kara chudan oi-zuki).

 

 

組手 (KUMITE)

 

Theme: UKE FOR ATTACK, ANGLE DIVERSION FOR COLLISION and DOUBLE AND TRIPLE IMPACTS in single actions.

 

(A)         Attacking application of jodan age-uke I (strike).

 

(B)          Attacking application of jodan age-uke I (joint lock/break).

 

(C)          流し突き (flowing thrust).

 

(D)         順路型組手の分解 (kumite dissection of the Junro kata).  

 

 

(KATA)

 

Theme: (GENERIC) TAKING TIME / MENTAL CONTROL, STILLNESS and NATURAL ENERGY.

 

(1)           順路初段        Junro Shodan

 

(2)           順路二段        Junro Nidan

 

(3)           順路三段        Junro Sandan

 

(4)           順路四段        Junro Yondan

 

(5)           順路五段        Junro Godan

 

(6)           抜賽大            Bassai Dai

 

(7)           観空大            Kanku Dai

 

(8)           十手                Jitte

 

(9)           半月                Hangetsu

 

(10)     燕飛                Enpi

 

(11)     岩鶴                Gankaku

 

(12)     慈恩                Jion

 

No sets or rep count today, I just went hard out non-stop for two hours. Great training but I now have severe muscle cramps. I seriously need to acquire some more magnesium phosphate!

 

Training each… Step-by-step! POSTIVE ENERGY TO EVERYONE!!!

押忍

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2021).

No comments: