Thursday 15 December 2011

The Successor of Shuseki-Shihan Tetsuhiko Asai

 Some people seem to believe that I am, or are claiming to be the SUCCESSOR OF ASAI TETSUHIKO SENSEI... This is completely incorrect, I have never claimed this.

My training, and therefore this website, is dedicated to the karate of the old JKA and Asai-ha Shotokan-ryu. Logically, I practice and teach these 'martial arts approaches'.

Needless to say, I feel deeply honoured to have been Asai Sensei's deshi, and will continue to develop my skills on a daily basis... Thus, my focus is first and fore mostly on karate-geiko. I am happy to share my knowledge with those who invite me to teach at their clubs and organisations; however, I always come as "Andre Bertel the karateka", not as a representative of Asai Sensei, nor a group.

And let's face it, no one can represent another person!


Naturally when I self-practice, train at the dojo, and teach karate classes/seminars I'm executing Asai-ha Shotokan-ryu Karatedo. And naturally, my karate technique and karate articles are reflective of this. Nevertheless, I have never claimed to be the successor of Asai Tetsuhiko Sensei, merely an ongoing student of the karate he taught me.

OSU!
© André Bertel. Christchurch, New Zealand (2011).

No comments: