Thursday 12 September 2013

Understanding


This week I have increased the intensity of my training to a higher level. I'm very pleased about this as my body has had to adjust from the New Zealand winter to the Japan summer... Moreover, I had a major injury in New Zealand just before travelling to Japan. My ankle was nearly broken; nevertheless, the injury while still uncomfortable is finally recovering.

Injuries are excuses not to train... But we can always work around them. I never stop training because of an injury: nor should anyone.

Anyway here are some photos and stills from my self-training today. It was a tough training but very enjoyable. I am so humbled by all of my flaws... I have to push myself harder... So much to work on.



Understanding karate is not understanding karate.

Kindest regards from Aso-shi, Kumamoto.
André

 


 

© André Bertel. Aso-shi, Kumamoto. Japan (2013).

No comments: