Wednesday 8 May 2019

Trainee from Canada: Tyler Higo

Tyler Higo (Yondan) from Canada, and a member of of Shototakuhirokan, came and completed a private lesson with me here today.


The practice was kata and self-defence focused, namely in the form of Kanku Dai, Enpi and Kakuyoku Shodan. I had several key points I wanted to share with Tyler (from his last private training with me).

After training we visited Funai Jo (castle) which, while no longer exists, is illuminated. There we practiced a little more focusing on some questions Tyler had for me on mawashi-geri and some other points.

























Overall, it was super to catch up with Tyler and give him a private lesson before I travel to New Zealand to teach there. Tyler, my family and I wish to you and your family all the very best for your remaining time here in Japan. Until next time, osu!!

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2019).

No comments: