Wednesday 20 May 2020

Finally back in the Dojo


I did my first ‘OFFICIAL TRAINING’ in the dojo today, since the ‘Japan State of Emergency Declaration’. 
It was super to be back on the dojo floor; however, I decided to only do two hours in the dojo, and second training session was outdoors. My endurance level and strength has benefitted from the lockdown period as I spent more time working on power and endurance.



The dojo training consisted of Asai-ha Shotokan-ryu kihon-gata: Junro. Standard Shotokan kata: Hyakuhachiho (the old Suparinpei of Shotokan, which Asai Sensei called 'Hyakuhappo'). And koten-gata: Kibaken and Raiko. 

Kihon training was focused on elbow strikes and application of bodyweight combined with snap.



Needless to say, it was great to ‘officially’ be allowed back into the dojo today. I certainly have no doubt that I’ll feel it tomorrow!



Osu and positive energy from Japan. 





© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2020).

No comments: