Thursday 18 February 2010

New Asai Karate video on Youtube (Basic Muchiken)

I've uploaded some clips from the karate training sessions I taught in Shibuya, Tokyo at the end of January. The footage is courtesy of Paul and Yuko Kallender Umezu.
________

The Asai karate featured in the video are some of the more basic muchiken (whip fist) techniques. My late sensei, Tetsuhiko Asai, taught many fundamentals & advanced maneuvers based on snap, relaxation and natural energy. To this day I still feel deeply honored to have been a private deshi of Asai Sensei, something which I can’t properly put into words.
_________

Beyond these, and the other basic techniques of Asai-ryuha Shotokan karate-do, there are numerous advanced techniques, and of course many koten-kata. However, the use of relaxation, snap and natural energy remains the same. I hope you enjoy the clip, please feel free to rate it, and make a comment if you wish. Best wishes from Oita, Japan. – André Bertel.
________

To view the video please click on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCz1f8ruhTM

© André Bertel, Japan (2010).

No comments: