Wednesday 19 August 2015

Final training at the JKA Kumamoto Chuo Dojo: Shototakuhirokan

Nakamura Shihan and me at my final class in Kumamoto.
 Upon returning from Germany I attended my final class at the JKA Kumamoto Chuo Dojo (Shototakuhirokan) under Nakamura Masamitsu Shihan and facilitated by Akiyoshi Sensei. Depicted in this post was my final action, besides the act of shifting itself, before leaving Kumamoto-ken and moving to Oita City.
_____________

Again, I was asked to coach both the junior and senior classes. In addition to my teaching, Nakamura Shihan typically offered his superb technical advice intermittently throughout both sessions.
What never ceases to amaze me is how Nakamura Shihan 'only points out the utterly essential points'. What's more amazing than this is that he `prioritizes' people weaknesses, and eradicates them from the top down. Besides being a true master of Shotokan-Ryu Karate-Do, Nakamura Shihan is a wonderful person.

____________

Indeed, I really appreciate the two years of training I've had with Nakamura Shihan. Also, I am very-very thankful to Akiyoshi Sensei, the Nakamura family, and all of the members of the Shototakuhirokan. In addition to Karate-Do training itself, I've been very fortunate to gain some very special friendships.

Domo arigatou gozaimashita!
Group photo of the senior class at Shototakuhirokan (the central Kumamoto branch of the JKA).
(c) Andre Bertel. Oita, Japan (2015).

No comments: