Friday 4 September 2020

Going 'outside the comfort zone' and DELIBERATE PRACTICE

Since September 1st (the beginning of Fall/Autumn here in Japan) I have been really pushing myself, especially in regards to 'going outside my comfort zone'. This type of training along with the unmerciful 'Deliberate Practice' always gets results. In fact, it shows what talent actually  is... It is literally an overrated trait.

With these points in mind I thought I'd leave some stills from training. This was probably my hardest self-training this year, and it exposed many of my weaknesses when I was fatigued; hence, I've provided stills from the completion of full speed movements after many repetitions. It is true, that eventually OUR FORM BREAKS when we are exhausted. However, that is when OUR REAL KARATE SHOWS. This is the karate we use when we are under real pressure/threat/fear. 

Accordingly, training to breaking point is periodically necessary for the serious budo practitioner.

 I wish you the very best in your progression and development through karate training. 

Osu, AB




© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2020).

No comments: