Sunday 23 October 2022

Additional Home Training (Supplementary Practice)

In addition to daily dojo training/practice I always review key parts of each session at home. Often these sessions are short but, sometimes like today, I get into my dogi and do an hour--or even longer--of 'homework'. Over the years I have found these practices to be invaluable, just like at university when studying for a major exam.

Home practice today. At 46 years old I still review my trainings after dojo-geiko.



Kurumaisu-karate challenges the johanshin (upper body) in isolation.


 In addition to really refining one's karate, each home/non dojo-training helps 'to make time in the dojo more productive' and enjoyable! Not to mention it is good for the health. The benefits of short bursts of regular exercise have been well documented in recent years.

Last, but not least, people can make such practices in accordance with their daily schedules; thereby, making it possible "...to keep improving irrespective of how busy one is". What's more, this practice will contribute to your productivity outside the realms of karate!

OSU!  - AB

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2022).

No comments: