Friday 22 September 2023

SSK DOGI

Sansaru-Kai produces their own ‘SSK dogi’ range, and today I’ll review one of their brands.

 

Before I do so, I want to say that I always wear Hirota, so my perspective comes from mainland Japan’s top dogi maker.

 

My test of any dogi is based on several factors. So, I’ll address these all here in my evaluations:

 

1. Firstly, the SSK dogi sits well. It correctly shows your stances and techniques, without distorting them. In my opinion, this is the 'number one' attribute: that all good dogi MUST have. 

 

2. Secondly, it’s strong enough for grappling, which is personally important to me.

 

3. Thirdly and lastly, it has a nice traditional style logo, which I think is particularly sophisticated. However, I have to admit, I'm biased about anything with 'tora no maki' (the tiger emblem of Shotokan) on it.

 

Overall, the SSK dogi is a good karate uniform for beginners right through to instructors), and very reasonably priced.


Here is a direct link to the website for enquiries:

https://www.sansaru-kai.de/produkt/ssk-karate-anzuggi-kinsho-goldklasse-12-unzen-baumwolle-weiss

押忍

André

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2023).

No comments: