Thursday 2 September 2010

Kangeiko at Arthur's Pass

Today I did Kangeiko (Special Winter Training) at Arthur's Pass in the South Island of New Zealand.
________

To break the current training routine and push myself beyond my personal limits I concentrated on high repetitions of gyaku-zuki, mae-geri, koken (kakuto) yokomawashi uchi and four kata (Tekki-sandan, Empi, Wankan and Sensho). For strength training I utilised various plyometric forms of squat thrusts, tobi-keriwwaza (as pictured) and variations of elevated push ups. Needless to say, five minutes into the practice and the coldness was no longer noticeable!
_________

After completing training amidst the beauty of the South Island scenery, Mizuho and I enjoyed the incredible sights for the remainder of the afternoon. The conclusion is that the South Island of New Zealand is nothing less than breathtaking!
_________
In addition to the photos kindly taken by Mizuho as I trained, I've posted some pictures to showcase Arthur's Pass a little. I hope you enjoy them. OSU!
_________

© André Bertel, New Zealand 2010.




No comments: