Saturday 18 June 2022

15th Anniversary of my Blogsite

Self practice today, June 18th, 2022.

Tomorrow (June 19th, 2022) marks 15 years since I opened this website/blog. My objective was to help my students inside and outside of Japan and to propagate ‘the Budo/Bujutsu form of Shotokan style karate’. With these points in mind, indeed, TRAINING has ruled the direction of this site and steered my life.

 

Back in 2007, just over a year after achieving Rokudan, I’d never believe that in the future, nearly TWO MILLION VISITORS would ever come to this blogsite.


That is because the content was always intended to be SO VERY SPECIFIC.  That is, all I have ever covered is SHOTOKAN; and more specifically, as said just above, the total focus has always been the Budo/Bujutsu form of our style, which, needless to say, is outside the domains of mainstream Shotokan. This undeniably proves that while we are the minority in karate, some are still seeking the traditional way of ichigeki-hissatsu "...as opposed to an empty and plastic version of Shotokan which is focused on 'movement performance' and 'tagging for points'.  

 

Today, one might go back to see the original post here, on June 19th, 2007. However, on this Fifteenth Anniversary of the site, I thought I’d post links for the previous five years on this day. So here you are...

 

2021: André Bertel's Karate-Do: 14th Anniversary of this Blog (andrebertel.blogspot.com)

 

2020: André Bertel's Karate-Do: 13th Anniversary of this Blog (andrebertel.blogspot.com)

 

2019: André Bertel's Karate-Do: 12th ANNIVERSARY OF THIS BLOG (andrebertel.blogspot.com)

 

2018: André Bertel's Karate-Do: 11th Anniversary of this blog (andrebertel.blogspot.com)

 

2017: André Bertel's Karate-Do: 10th ANNIVERSARY: WWW.ANDREBERTEL.BLOGSPOT.COM

  

Overall, I want to thank you all for your support of my Karate journey; moreover, I hope that this site and my YouTube channel has contributed towards your karate, wherever you are here in Japan or around the world.

 

Lastly, I want to say that my book is nearly completed and there are also many other projects in the works. 

Greetings from Oita City, Japan.

 

OSU, André Bertel

© Andre Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2022).

No comments: