Wednesday 14 December 2022

One is never too old to practice Karate-Do: YouTube Video

 In this video I was told by Nakamura Masamitsu Shihan to slowly take Katayama San (who is well into his 80s) and Ogasawara San through SOCHIN KATA at the Shototakuhirokan.


I'm leading with the count as Nakamura Shihan (seated) watches on. Akiyoshi Sensei also observes from the sidelines. This was at the conclusion of the Friday evening class in late 2019.


Actually, I just stumbled across this footage (two days ago). The reason that I decided to share this is that I feel really inspired by older karateka ‘still being on the dojo floor’. This perfectly reflects the maxim that ‘Karate is lifetime Budo’; furthermore, that ‘one is never too old to practice'. This is undeniably one of the beauties of Karate.

 

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2022).

No comments: