Sunday 10 December 2023

義務 (Gimu)

Today, due to the beautiful weather here in Oita City, I decided to do my first self-training of the day, outdoors.

 

Recently I’ve been reviewing the ‘IKS弐段基本‘ (IKS Nidan Kihon), but today I also worked a lot on 肘技 (hiji-waza/elbow techniques). Of course, in Shotokan we primarily refer to these techniques as 猿臂技 (enpi-waza).

 

In addition to kihon I focused on the three Tekki Kata (鉄騎初段、鉄騎二段 and 鉄騎三段). Heian Shodan (平安初段) and Enpi (燕飛). Needless to say, the three Tekki are infighting templates; whereas, Heian and Enpi are more focused on middle distance fighting. I also utilized the training exercise of Junro Sandan (順路三段) for the fundamental practice of uchiwaza.


I’m so thankful to all my guides on my karate journey and owe them to work hard each day; furthermore, to share this knowledge as an instructor domestically and internationally. These points fuel my extra practices, outside the dojo, every day.

 

In Japanese I have 義務 (Gimu), which means DUTY/OBLIGATION.

 

押忍

Andre




 

Practicing in the office: December 10th, 2023.

 © André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2023). 

No comments: