Tuesday 29 December 2020

Turning a negative into a positive

 Today my extra fitness training goal for 2020 (due to the coronavirus pandemic) was completed! My set deadline was December 31st. The target of 600km uphill/mountain running was achieved today. On top of my daily karate training, this extra fitness was particularly hard for me, but well worth the challenge.

 

The purpose of this extra training each day was to compensate for my lack of teaching. I self-train every day; however, I also train/demonstrate a lot when teaching (which is always separate from my own training), so this needed to be covered by extra work. I decided to do something different.

 

My aerobic fitness handled the extra running as my resting heart rate is 48 beats per minute. That being said, it killed my legs as after doing two-to-three hours of karate each day, running up inclines really shocked my quads, hams and calves in particular.

 

I am sharing this not to promote what I did but, rather, to emphasize how we have the choice ‘to turn negatives to positives’… And, likewise, vice-versa. Stay positive and achieve your goals. It is our choice! In this regard, the negatives of COVID-19 have given me something positive.

 

Best wishes for the final days of 2020.

André Bertel

  押忍の精神

December 29, 2020. After 600km... Time for a drive! Happy Holidays Everyone.

© André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2020).

No comments: