Tuesday 15 August 2023

Remembering Asai Tetsuhiko Sensei today

 Exactly 17 years ago today I received the phone call from Asai Keiko, the wife of my karate master, Asai Tetsuhiko Sensei, that he had passed away. I had literally just returned from Japan and could not fly back for the funeral, so all we could do was send flowers to the Asai family home. Today I want to send my condolences to the ASAI FAMILY, especially Asai Hoshimi, as I am a father, and feel the very deep relationship between a father and daughter. 


Asai Sensei will never be forgotten in the karate world, but FAR MORE SPECIALLY in your family. Nothing is more special than our loved ones in family. So, I offer my deepest condolences on this day to you both: Keiko and Hoshimi,

アンドレ  バーテル

          © André Bertel. Oita City, Japan (2023).

No comments: